Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Improv Blog Hop: Day 2

Here comes inspiration! You've seen what Amy Friend has made with her new Improv fabric collection; for the rest of the week we have five bloggers sharing what they've made with these fun, modern fabrics. Be sure to stop by each day to see a new project made with Improv! (And if you missed our original interview with Amy, find it here.)


Today Sharon from Color Girl Quilts is sharing her Picnic quilt pattern (love those orange peels!) made in Amy's Improv fabrics. Head over to her blog to see more and learn more about the pattern; you'll also have a chance to enter to win a bundle of Improv prints for yourself!



Sharon says:
"I prefer to sew with basic fabrics in geometric and tonal prints, so Improv is exactly my style. I like the look of solids to show off my piecing, but prefer to use prints, so tone-on-tones and textural prints are great. I wanted to use Improv to make my Picnic quilt pattern because it would show the design in a completely different look from my original one. Since the color palette is limited, I thought it was the perfect match for a pattern with large pieces and simple details. My favorite part of my quilt is the bright little 'dots' of raspberry pink. I think they just set off the whole quilt!"

Follow along with our Improv Blog Hop:

Click here to see the entire Improv collection. (Be sure to ask for it at your local quilt shop--it's shipping to shops now!)
Click here to visit Amy's website.
Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

1 comment:

  1. Like I told Sharon, her quilt is too pretty to throw on the ground to sit on it. I'd rather sit on the ground and hold it. Cute fabric. Very versatile prints that will coordinate well with other lines.

    ReplyDelete